Tramway and Light Rail Vehicle (LRV) operators turn to Sécheron for efficient, reliable current collectors. Secheron’s SPL pantograph is lightweight and features an extremely flat, yet stiff, design. A unique panhead suspension system ensures excellent dynamic behavior and a very reliable electrical contact between the pantograph and the overhead line, as well as a longer carbon strip lifetime. The SPL pantograph has proven its superior performance in a variety of weather and operating conditions on tramway systems across Europe.
Sécheron can deliver the SPL pantograph on its own or together with other Sécheron electrical safety, measurement, and traction control components and solutions. Their DC circuit breaker type UR, completed with their BMS contactor range are typical products that will help design safe and relaible traction equipment.
For Light Rail Vehicle (LRV) operators seeking relibale performance, features include:
- Rated Voltage up to 1800 VDC.
- Maximum working height above roof: 3300 mm (SPL30) / 2900 mm (SPL26)
- Maximum running speed 100 km/h
- Maximum static contact force 120 N
- Rated / peak currents 1000 A / 1500 A
- Standstill current 200 A
- Overvoltage category OV4
- Electric actuator.
- Control voltage 24 VDC, 36/37.5 VDC
- High mechanical durability
- Outdoor installation
- Suitable for ambient temperature – 25 °C to +40 °C
- Reference standards: EN 50126-2 / IEC 60494-2
- Insulation material according to EN 45545-2