Sécheron MACS AC Circuit Breaker is a platform for Main AC Switch installed on electric rail vehicles running on AC networks. The AC vacuum Circuit-Breaker (AC VCB), which is the core function of the assembly, can be combined on the same base plate with other functions. These include:
- Earthing Switch (ES),
- Surge Arrester (SA),
- Roof Switch (RS),
As a result, this offers the car builders the most modular platform; particularly well adapted to match their different applications and requirements.
MACS AC Circuit Breakers can be mounted either vertically on the vehicle’s roof of EMUs and trains as well as inside the traction container for locomotives.
Another option is mounting them horizontally inside Sécheron’s high voltage modular compact enclosure, AC MODBOX®, to be installed on the roof- or under the frame of trains.
Compact multi-functional switch including: MACS AC Circuit Breaker, earthing switch (option) and surge arrester (option) on a single support of 940 mm x 430 mm.
- Suitable for 15 kVAC and/or 25 kVAC networks
- Conventional free air thermal current: 1000 A
- Rated impulse withstand voltage (1.2 / 50 μs): Uimp = 125 kV or 170 kV
- External creepage distances > 1000 mm
- Vacuum interrupter
- Electric operation (closing and holding)
- Usable in various ranges of ambient temperature from -40 °C to +70 °C (-50 °C to +70 °C in option)
- Reference standards: IEC60077-1 /-2 /-4, IEC61373, EN50121-3-2, NF F16-101 /-102