Sécheron disconnectors ensure a wide variety of functions in AC and/or DC railway vehicle traction chains. Railway car builders and railway operators seeking performance, reliability, and low maintenance turn to us for the highest level of safety and comprehensive, coherent solutions that coordinate seamlessly with other Sécheron switching and protection components for traction circuits.
Secheron’s RS, IS, XMS, and BW disconnectors for rolling stock cover off-load disconnect, disconnect and earthing, and traction circuit selection and reconfiguration. They are available with or without making capacity and in single and multi-pole versions for outdoor roof (with or without roof cut-out) and indoor installation and cover rated insulation voltages up to 27.5 kVAC or up to 4.8 kVAC/DC and rated currents from 750 A to 4,000 A.
These disconnectors can be delivered on a stand-alone basis or integrated into Secheron’s smart, compact MODBOX® high-voltage enclosures with other high- and low-voltage functions for the electrical safety, measurement, and control of the traction chain.
For performance, reliability, and low maintenance, features include:
- Executions: disconnector, disconnector & earthing, change-over
- AC applications 15 kV (16.7 Hz) and/or 25 kV (50 Hz or 60 Hz)
- DC applications 1.5 kVDC and/or 3 kVDC
- Current range from 1000 to 4000 A
- Rated insulation 27.5 kVAC or 4.8 kVDC
- High insulation level OV4 against earth
- High short-time withstand current adapted to operational needs
- No breaking capacity
- Optional making capacity 800 A (AC) on specific execution
- Electric operation
- Control voltage from 24 to 220 VDC
- Auxiliary contacts for main contact position indication
- High mechanical durability
- Suitable for ambient temperature – 40°C to +70°C (-50°C to +70°C in option)
- Reference standards: IEC 60077-2
- Insulation material according to EN 45545-2