Slablok Spikefast Sleeper Repair System provides an effective solution to fixing sleeper plates onto concrete (sleepers, bearers or slab) without ferrules.
The SlabLok® System offers an economic and permanent solution that addresses two commonplace issues observed in the field:
- The need to fix plates to either concrete sleepers or concrete slab without the need to have pre-set ferrules.
- Replacing failed screw spikes set in ferrules in concrete turnouts and concrete slab installations.
Slablok Spikefast Sleeper Repair System comprises two components and a number of steps.
The components of the SlabLok System are as follows:
The steps involved in replacing a failed Screw Spike/Ferrule are as follows:
- Remove existing ferrule utilising a 42mm core drill to a depth just greater than that of the ferrule.
- Remove the ferrule/concrete slug.
- Clean and dry the hole.
- Fill the resulting hole with SpikeFast ES-50.
- Allow to cure (approx 30 minutes).
- Set plate in desired positon to gauge and drill holes – 22mm spade to 20mm and 19mm full depth.
- Install and fasten GageLok 24 using impact driver 400Nm torque max.
The process uses two, four man crews. A minimum production rate in the range of 60-80 screw replacements can be achieved per 8 hour shift.
It starts with taking track possession, removing existing hardware and sleeper plates. The next stage consists of core drilling, filling with SPikefast and curing time. The next stage includes re-drilling, re-fitting plates and track hardware. The final stage is screwing GageLok 24’s into place and handing back track possession.
The SlabLok® System has successfully undergone pull out testing and 3M cycle cyclic load testing in a concrete bearer. Pull out tests exceed AS1085 requirements. Trials are underway with ARTC. Results available upon request.
Error: Contact form not found.